Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Story

When I die I would want to be remembered through song and ceremonies like the African griots. I would want this because they value much more of who a person is, rather than the "important" things they achieved in their life. Also it would be much easier to spread my fame and myself through song because it is easy to remember and many people could remember it and preform their own ceremonies. The most important reason why I would want to be remembered through song is because it would be so much more real and much more meaning behind it and people would understand and picture as opposed to skimming through a book like most do.

1 comment:

  1. The distinction between who a person is and what a person does is such a critical one, and it is one that most history books sidestep completely, to their detriment, I believe.

    ReplyDelete